Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Weekend Update - Dinosaurs, Cuddles & Burgers

So, I was sick for most of the weekend. I didn't really do much, expect watch a lot of horror films, and do some house work. Here are some photo's I took over the weekend


Being sick, means I only wanted one thing to eat. Mac and Cheese. So I made some.


Then on Saturday, I decided some dinosaur digging was in order


I quickly gave up on using the silly plastic tools that came with it.


And got out the heavy duty hardware.


I unearthed this dinosaur fossil!!


I had cuddles with Major Tom and Special Agent Dale Cooper



Kitty decided that this was the most comfortable place, in the whole house, to sit. 




I wore my eyeball hair bow on date night last night



We ended up at Rockpool. Which I was very happy about, because I've been wanting to go there for ages, and no one ever wanted to come with me. We sat at the bar, which is actually better than sitting at the restaurant, because you get the choice of the bar menu, and the full restaurant menu. And the service is just as spectacular. I wanted to order everything (Well, only the house made chorizo hot dog, the Wagyu burger, the Mac & Cheese, the onion rings, the Lyonnaise onion tart, the pulled pork pie with parsnip puree, the Wagyu corned silverside, the potatos in wagyu fat, the Cauliflower and cheese gratin, and the Sauteed Brussel Sprouts!) . Jesse wouldn't let me. 


We settled on the amazing onion rings


And the Wagyu burger. Do not eat this burger. You're enjoyment of all other burgers will be ruined forever. You will never, ever, enjoy another burger. Also, ever since I woke up, all I've wanted is another burger. 


JUST LOOK AT IT!! A brioche bun, pickles, Gruyere, bacon, and that oh so amazing Wagyu pattie. Now, if you know me, you know that when I go out, I order the burger, or the ribs. Generally, I mean there is always some exception, like, if they don't have either of those on the menu. The only problem with ordering the burger at Rockpool, is that you are expected to eat it with a knife and fork. I had a real moral dilemma about this. I mean, half the enjoyment of a burger is taking a bite too big for you mouth, and having all the juice run down your chin and your arm. But, there were people next to us eating $100 steaks, and they might not have appreciated seeing me in that sort of messy burger bliss. So I ate it with a knife and fork, and I still enjoyed it. Now, if that doesn't tell you how good this burger is, nothing will. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader from the blog hop! Nice to meet you.

    Laura xxx

    http://ilikemakingthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,

      Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by :) I've had a visit to your blog, and I love it! I've added it to my reader. Yay for the blog hop :)

      x

      Delete
  2. That burger looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the photo's don't really do it justice. It was super dark in the restaurant, but man, was it a great burger!

      Delete
  3. I hope you are feeling better. I only want Saltine crackers when I am sick. I wanted to let you know that I featured you today in my sponsors post on my blog! :) HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie! Thanks so much! I looks fantastic :)

      Lucy
      x

      Delete
  4. I love mac n cheese when I'm sick and I've never seen those dinosaur things! Visiting from the awesome blog hop. :)
    xo, Mary

    ReplyDelete