Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Sisters in Sydney for Springsteen- Part 1

I'm back from Sydney! Wow, what an amazing couple of days! I got home yesterday, after having only 3 hours sleep and I was absolutely wrecked. I could hardly walk. I slept 10 hours last night, my feet are still hurting, but I feel much better!

I'm going to break this up in to 2 posts, I'll focus on our day on Monday first, then I'll blog about the concert on Friday :)

After being delayed in Perth for over an hour, we finally made it on to the plane and to Sydney, the flight was fine, apart from Grace spilling her coffee over herself, her bag and her shoes. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were accosted by St Patrick's day revelers as we were getting out of the cab, and that made us just stay in and order room service!


Our room at The Grace Hotel 
Chilling, watching MasterChef, waiting on dinner

mmmmm cheeseburger

In room special - bottle of bubbly for $12. It wasn't bad either!

Cheesecake for dessert
The room service was actually really reasonably priced ($22 for that burger and chips!) and super yummy. We were glad we decided to stay in and watch TV, rather than head out into the masses. Plus, we were super refreshed and ready for our busy Monday.



Grace waiting on coffee


mmmm bacon


on the monorail




We walked down to Darling Harbor to get some breakfast, it was only about a 10 minute walk from our Hotel. After we had sufficiently filled up on coffee and toast, we jumped on the monorail. We went all the way around before getting off in the city. 

Grace really wanted to go down and see the Opera House, and I was more than happy to do that too, so we walked down there. It was a lovely morning, not too hot. After we'd taken lots of photos, and had a good walk around, we jumped a bus back in to the city for shopping!

Then, then it was High Tea!


The Tea Room



I had Orange Pekoe

We went to The Tea Room, which is at the top of the QVB building. It was literally just the first place that came up when I googled 'High Tea Sydney' It was beautiful!





Scones and spinach and feta roll

Finger sandwiches - tuna and Chicken & walnut, and a polenta tart

Orange & almond cupcake, Chocolate & hazelnut cake, and Fruit tart

Passionfruit shortbread, Lemon meringue pie, and a mocha macaron.


scones with jam and clotted cream

We had 2 rounds of sandwiches, so I got to try a Ham one as well. They were just divine!  It was all amazing, but I could have just eaten many of the scones with jam and clotted cream. 

We left feeling seriously full and happy. We deliberately left eating until late, so we wouldn't need to eat before or at the concert, but, more on that later!

Well, that's it for the first half. Looking at all those photos has hungry, I guess it must be coffee time!


6 comments:

  1. It looks like you had so much fun! All that food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we had a blast! It was soooo good x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fab time! And love the Country Rose tea ware!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea looks so yummy! I went to tea on St. Patrick's Day but it wasn't as fancy as yours. My favorite aunt had that china pattern. I love it! I can't wait to visit Australia and Sydney...It's coming one of these days!
    Hugs, Susan @stylingwithsusieblog.com

    ReplyDelete