Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Best Macaroni & Cheese Ever

Last week, I got a sudden and strong craving for mac & cheese. I had to fulfill it. I decided to try something a bit different with it this time around. And what followed was the best mac & cheese ever. And I don't say that lightly. 

Ingredients

400g macaroni
1 small packet of bacon, diced
500ml pure cream
200g grated Cheddar - a nice aged one
250g grated Gruyere
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
grated Parmesan
olive oil
salted crisps
salt & pepper

Method

Grease a large baking dish with butter or olive oil and preheat the oven to about 170C. Cook your macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. 

While you are waiting for your water to boil, and pasta to cook, heat a fry pan over medium heat and cook your bacon to your liking. I like my crispy! When this is done, place on a paper towel to drain.

Once your macaroni is cooked, drain and return to saucepan. Stir through your cooked bacon. 

In a small saucepan, bring your cream to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, until it thickens slightly. While you are waiting for it to do this, stir your garlic and paprika in to your mustard. 

Once your cream is thickened, whisk in your Cheddar and Gruyere. Whisk until it's melted and combined, then add your mustard mixture, and season to taste with salt and pepper. 

Pour this lovely creamy cheesey mixture over your macaroni and bacon, and give it a good stir to combine. Pour this in to your baking dish, top with Parmesan (just as much as your like) cover with crisps, and pop in the oven for about 5-10 minutes. 



Then eat the best mac & cheese ever. Seriously. Even Jesse thought so





5 comments:

  1. Ugh this sounds amazing! Bookmarking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was super fucking sick last week and all I found myself wanting was all of the macaroni and cheeses.

    Best comfort food.
    I wanna try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ever want Mac & Cheese when I'm sick. It really is the best comfort food! x

      Delete
  3. PS, youre not advertising on my page. Hmm. Use "SWAP" to get it for free mmmkay?

    ReplyDelete